- Hassan: The main character is a 17 year old boy named Hassan who got radicalised after the politician he voted for lost in the election. Hassan started to have negative thoughts and ideas and starts to think of ways to get rid of the winning politician. Hassan joins a group of people who have extreme views of getting rid of the winning president. the group decided to start a mob and Hassan decided to meet up with the group out side of the winning politician tower.
- Zak: Zak is 17 years old who is friends with Hassan and has seen that the election has changed Hassan completely and has found out that has has become radicalised and tries to help him from making a mistake that could change his live in a bad way.
So the story for our stop motion animation idea is that it starts out with Hassan walking from school with his friends and Hassan was nervous about that day because it was a special day for him it was the day that a new president was going to be announced so Hassan was very nervous about that. when he got home he discovers that the president he voted for didn’t win and that the other president won and this made him think about his future and he started to get very worried about it. the president he voted losing the election had an impact on Hassan and he started to have negative ideas and thoughts on how to get rid of the winning president.
Hassan then discovers there is an extremist group that have the same view as him on the winning president and Hassan decided to join them. The extremist group and Hassan decided to meet up at the tower own by the winning president and decided to start a mob outside the tower some of the group members said that they might do some damages to the tower and maybe harm some of the employees Hassan thought this was a great idea to get the winning president attention.
Hassan’s friend Zak has seen a little change in Hassan but Zak thought it was nothing and decided to invite Hassan to a gaming event but Hassan rejects the invite and said he had things to do and this puzzled Zak because Hassan and Zak were talking about going to this event for a long time. on the weekend Zak was on his way to the gaming event when he saw Hassan with a pitchfork heading into town this puzzled Zak so he decided to follow Hassan. Zak saw Hassan stop and take a phone call from someone and Zak decided to listen to the phone and that when Zak heard about the mob at the tower and after the phone call Zak decide to stop Hassan and talk some sense to his friend after everything Zak said to Hassan, Hassan decide to not go to the tower and decide to go with Zak to the gaming event that night at home Hassan heard about the mob on the news and how they all got arrested and how the winning president is suing them for scaring the employees and damaging the building and Hassan was happy that he didn’t join the mob because he could have gotten arrested and sued.
Note: not all of the scenes written here will be used or they will be changed in a different way so it easier to do it.
purpose: the purpose of the animation is to make people aware of radicalisation and how it can happen to you or someone close to you and how to get help with it.
The Film Industry
Ben must prove he is good enough to date cop James’ sister. By doing this he goes on a “Ride Along” to show that he is not weak and he will do whatever it takes to get James’ approval but along the way runs into a few obstacles that he has to overcome in a very funny way.
The genre of this movie is:
- crime fiction
this movie is funny movie about Ben played by Kevin Hart trying to prove that he is good enough to go out with James played by Ice Cube sister so he goes on a patrol with James to prove he is good for James’s sister and also prove that he is strong and not weak.
the main colour that is used for the movie cover the background is black and white and the movie title is a bright yellow while the two main characters of the movie are in colour and the name of the main character are written in black and its bold so it can be seen.
22 Jump Street
Synopsis: After making their way through high school (twice), big changes are in store for officers Schmidt (Jonah Hill) and Jenko (Channing Tatum) when they go deep undercover at a local college. But when Jenko meets a kindred spirit on the football team, and Schmidt infiltrates the bohemian art major scene, they begin to question their partnership. Now they don’t have to just crack the case – they have to figure out if they can have a mature relationship. If these two overgrown adolescents can grow from freshmen into real men, college might be the best thing that ever happened to them.
The main colour for the cover of this movie is red as the background is red also the title of the movie is in red the text at the bottom is white and the characters are written in black and it’s also bold also the main two characters of the movie are in colour they are a holding a golden gun.
Cause and Effect “Chain”
Micro per scene and Macro per film
Outer conflict-physical barrier
Inner conflict-mental barrier
Todorov had a theory that all story passes through 5 key stages.
Todorov Narrative Structure Theory:
2- Disruption – Disquilibrium
4-Attempt To Repair
there are also 6 structure that all movies must have.
Open narrative: open narrative is a story that end in a cliffhanger or continues in a another movie.
Closed narrative: closed narrative is a story that end in one movie and doesn’t continue.
Linear narrative: linear narrative is when the story is told in order like beginning, middle and ending.
Non-linear narrative: non- linear narrative is a story that is told out of order like middle, end and beginning.
Single strand: single strand is a story that has one character and one story.
Multi strand: multi strand is a story that has multiple heroes and multiple story’s.
So far we come up with some ideas for our stop motion animation
- A fighting scene
- A football match/Sporting event
- A Re-Creation from a film
- Drawing animation
- A music video
- Something related to the latest news
- A video to raise awareness
- A politician debate
material that could be used possible:
- Action figure
this is my mood board.
Sketches And StoryBoard
this is some of the sketches I had done for my animation.
This is a picture of the first set that we created and it is a set of outside which is where the first scene of our stop motion animation is going take place it took us a while took create the first set as it needed a lot of cutting and measuring and also needed lot of props so we can make it look real the the other picture is the other set which is the bedroom and we used a big cardboard for the room and then we created a bed and also measure and cut a rug for the floor and printed wallpaper for the sides so it looks colourful and print a picture of a clock to make it look more real.
This is the first character we created for stop motion we haven’t finished the character yet as its missing an arm and some other things but after we finish everything for this character we have to create another character as our stop motion animation has two characters in it. The last two picture are the characters which has been design so they are finish and now can be used for the stop motion animation which two different coloured Plasticine so we won’t confused which character is which.
The Colour and what they Represent
Semiology The Study Signs And Signifiers
Semiology is the study of signs and the meaning. When we are watching films we are constantly picking out signs which tell us how to feel or what to think these are linked to the genre of the film as well as the characters within it. Colour plays the key role in creating signs for the audience to identity.
1. The colour Red represents anger, passion, rage, desire, excitement, energy, speed, strength, power, heat, love, aggression, danger, fire, blood, war and violence
2. The colour Pink represents love, innocence, healthy, happy, content, romantic, charming, playfulness, soft, delicate and feminine.
3. The colour Yellow represents wisdom, knowledge, relaxation, joy, happiness, optimism, idealism, imagination, hope, sunshine, summer, dishonesty, cowardice, betrayal, jealousy, covetousness, deceit, illness and hazard.
4. The colour Orange represents humor, energy, balance, warmth, enthusiasm, vibrant, expansive and flamboyant.
5. The colour Green represents healing, soothing, perseverance, tenacity, self-awareness, proud, unchanging nature, environment, healthy, good luck, renewal, youth, vigour, spring, generosity, fertility, jealousy, inexperience and envy.
6. the colour Blue represents faith, spirituality, contentment, loyalty, fulfillments peace, tranquillity, calm, stability, harmony, unity, trust, truth, confidence, conservatism, security, cleanliness, order, sky, water, cold, technology and depression,
7. The colour Purple represent royalty, nobility, spirituality, ceremony, mysterious, transformation and wisdom.
8. The colour Violet represents enlightenment, cruelty, arrogance, mourning, power, sensitive and intimacy.
9. The colour Brown represents materialistic, sensation, earth, home, outdoors, reliability, comfort, endurance and stability.
10. the colour Black represent power, sexuality, sophistication, formality, elegance, wealth, mystery, fear, anonymity, unhappiness, depth, style, evil, sadness, remorse and anger.
11. the colour White represents protection, love, reverence, purity, simplicity, cleanliness, peace, humility, precision, innocence, youth, birth, winter, snow, good, sterility, marriage (Western cultures), death (Eastern cultures), cold, clinical and sterile.
12. the colour Silver represents riches, glamorous, distinguished, earthy, natural, sleek, elegant and high-tech.
13. the colour Gold represent precious, riches, extravagance. warm, wealth, prosperity and grandeur.
St0p, Frame, Animation
stop motion animation is animation that is photographed one frame at a time when played back at the end it looks like the object are moving or it creates the illusion that the objects are moving.
Type Of Animation Device
The Praxinoscope is an animation device that was created in France 1877. It was created by Charles Emile Reynaud [1844-1918] the Praxinoscope uses a strip of pictures which was placed around the inner surface of the spinning cylinder and it showed 12 frames of animation. when the cylinder is rotating the mirror in the middle reveals an image in motion.
The Zoetrope creates an illusion of movement showing images through a narrow slit in a spinning cylinder it was created by William George Horner (1786-1837) in 1833.
The is an animation device that displays motion picture it was created by Eadweard Mubridge in 1879 the Zoopraxiscope shows images from a rotating disc to create the illusion of motion. the stop motion images were painted on to the glass as a silhouette but the second series of disc that came out in 1892 -1894 used outline drawing that were printed on to the glass disc.
These devices were used in stop motion animation in the 19th and 20th century the animation these days are created with cameras and are edited with computers.
What I have learned while doing stop motion animation is that it takes a long time to create stop motion animation it is time consuming and we also learned that some of the movie that are stop motion animation take a long time to create since they have to create their character and make the set for the stop motion animation.
For this project I had to research the old stop animation devices that were used before the camera were invented so I had to research about the Praxinoscope, zoetrope and Zoopraxiscope, these devices were used for stop motion animation before the camera.
I also had to research about the genre in movie so I had to look at movie poster and look at all the genres that were in that movie and I also had to look at the colours and what they can represent in a movie and then I learned about Todorov theory that all movies passed through 5 key stages and then I looked at narrative content and then I had to write down some ideas for my own animation project.
After I wrote down some ideas I had to create an stop motion animation in a group so the first thing we had to do was agree on an idea then we had to write a narrative and a story so we would understand what the story was going to be about. For our animation and then we had to create sets for our stop motion animation we had to create them out of cupboard boxes and other material that can be used like a foam board and bottles and we had to create an outside set because that where the story begins and we had to also create a bedroom set because it’s part of the story and it’s where the scene takes place in.
After we created the sets we had to create the characters for our stop motion animation the first idea our group had was to create the characters origami but proved to be difficult so decided to make the characters out of plasticine and we had to create two characters since our story required two characters after we had created the character we had to shoot the animation and it was 12 frames per second and the animation had to be longer than a minute after we filmed our stop motion animation we had to edit using Adobe premiere so we can make the characters look like there were moving and to also edit if there were any mistakes and then after were done editing the animation we had to add the sounds like footsteps and door opening and closing so we had to use Adobe Audition for the sound and after we added the sound for the stop motion animation we had to create a poster that was promoting our stop motion animation.